We are honored and happy to do our part to keep us all healthy, happy and safe as our community comes back together in person and the COVID situation continues to improve. Here’s an overview of our guidelines so we can work together!
Capacity and sign-in
- A 3m required Abstand is currently required during sport activities, which can be reduced to 1.5m when not practicing sport. Masks are not needed as long as Abstand is maintained (no hands-on work, etc). As documentation suggests that gentle yoga has less transmission than active / aerobic sport, we hope for a reduced Abstand soon for practices like Nidra, Meditation and Restorative.
- **UPDATE AS OF 9.6.: Yoga studios and some other low-intensity sports are now approved, as already the case in other cities, for a reduced Abstand! We look forward to welcoming more of you into class 🙂 **
- Pre-registration with contact details is required in case of need for contact tracing.
- Your teacher may request / you may prefer contactless payment in advance. Check with your teacher for details.
- Simultaneous livestreaming is available for some classes, for those at home.
- Ideally, bring your own mat, props etc to class if you are able. If using Bija materials, the following options are available:
- “Quarantine” materials to let them rest 24-48h between uses
- Disinfect before next use (mats and blocks) – disinfection materials will be available, but “quarantine” or your own materials is preferable if possible, as the disinfection materials will wear down our tools more quickly than regular cleaning over time.
- Ideally, come dressed for class if possible, so our garderobe sees less use / activity; but with 5 yogis max, 1.5m Abstand is maintainable.
- Disinfectant spray and both cloth and paper towels are available in our kitchen and bathroom, and door and sink handles, light switches, etc are cleaned after use.
- Our teeküche, WC, etc are open for you, but teachers will manage the teekanne, light switches, etc to reduce the risk of transmission.
Airing / Luftung
Our doors and windows will remain “gekippt” during studio hours, and the studio thoroughly aired every day.
All the above is in keeping with the requirements of the Senat and current practice! However, bear in mind much of the data we have is still not complete, from transmissibility between people and off surfaces; the actual rates of infection, immunity, side effects and so on; and to the extent we are beginning to get clearer data, most of it paints a much less threatening picture than original projections, based on less solid data, earlier this year. So this is to say: caution is wise, but hope is also merited.
Let’s get through this together. Looking forward to seeing you soon on the mat!